Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Life since conception

So the news was official! Mandy was pregnant, and the way she told me was just as clever as anything you'd see on TV. The closest I've seen has been the way it was done on The Big Bang Theory. I was told to stay out of the kitchen for a few minutes, and then allowed to come in. I glanced around, looking for some new treat or dessert. Instead, I was treated to a very nicely put together message on the fridge!

I'm not the most observant fella in the world, so I was fortunate to have her standing right beside the message. You have to admit, fun and clever, right?! I reacted in the expected and usual way, with a dumbfounded, "Really?!"

We waited for a while to spread the word, just to be safe. I wanted to scream it out to the world, but was held to secrecy. Her family and a few close friends were the first to know, and we haven't gone public on facebook. The registry is up and running, and the baby shower is in a couple of weeks. The room is nearly ready, and soon the time will come for me to really step up. I've handled the bulk of putting the room together by laying down carpet squares and putting up a fresh coat of paint. Mandy is going to do most of the additional decorating, although I'd like to have a hand in that. I like to craft, and want to add some fun touches. To give you an example, almost all of the magnets to the left were made by me. I make a lot of other things too, and am hoping to get some Patreon support. Asking for funds is not my strong suit, so it will be tough, and I really need to hold up my end. If I can keep this up, I want to be sure to offer regular shout outs to thank people. Generosity should be rewarded!

Coming soon - the learning curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment